With today’s ever increasing fuel costs and the drive to help the environment, reducing operational costs through saving fuel is high on all agendas.
Slipstream Aerodynamic Features
- Slipstream tapered bulkhead and roof to suit over cab refrigeration unit with curved cant rails for improved drag coefficients
- High aspect aerodynamic deep section cappings for improved drag coefficients
- Rear Vortex recessed roof deflector integrated into the roof structure with shaped stainless steel back frame
- 3D roof deflector moulded to the shape of the refrigeration unit complete with cab side collars and integrated catwalk.
- Spray down spray suppression to reduce drag and spray
- Moulded side skirts fitted either side
Solomon Commercial’s Slipstream Aerodynamic Solution has recently been put through it’s paces at the Millbrook testing site. This was an independent test carried out by Tesco Distribution.
The results of the test prove that a rigid fitted with Slipstream is 10.67% more fuel efficient than an identical rig without Slipstream. Great result!
CO2 emissions will also be 10.67% lower so the environmental benefit is as huge as the commercial one.
Take a look at the video to see how the testing day went.